1. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
2. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
“Personal Data” is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
Personal Data we collect may include:
• Contact information, which you provide when corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, financial information and/or credit card information.
• Due payment information, including financial information such as credit/debit card and account numbers used to process your Our Events ticket registration and/or sponsorship payment.
• Purchase information, relating to purchases of delegate passes and Our Events participation, either in-person or via our Site. Purchase information will include financial information as well as information concerning the content and time of the purchase.
3. PERSONAL DATA WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT FROM YOU
With regard to each of your visits to the Site we will automatically collect the following information:
• Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• Information about your visit, including pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and location information.
4. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM OTHERS
4.1 Publicly Available. We may receive information about you from publicly available and third-party databases or services that provide information about business people that we believe will help us identify provide products and services that may be of interest to you. We will obtain your consent before contacting you if required by the law of the country in which you are located.
4.2 Access Through Third Parties. You may have the option to access our Service through other third- party services. When connecting your account on our Site with another service, you may be asked to grant us permission to access and store of your information which the third-party service makes available to us, and to use and disclose it in accordance with this Policy. You should also check your privacy settings for each third-party service to understand how they collect and use your information, and make changes as appropriate.
4.3 Integrated Third Party Providers. Our Services may also use third party providers to make certain applications and services available to you on our Site. For example, payment services may be offered through third party providers. These may require that you register and provide information in order to use their applications. If you want to learn how these third-parties use/process your information, please review their privacy policies. If you would like to remove information that you posted on those applications, you will need to either login to the application or contact them directly.
5. NON-PERSONAL DATA
We collect Non-Personal Information, i.e., information that does not personally identify the user, that is sent to us automatically by your web browser and we may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Site, including, without limitation:
• IP addresses
• Browser type and plug-in details
• Device type (e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.)
• Operating system
• Local time zone
Note that Non-Personal Data is not subject to the same requirements for obtaining consent as Personal Data. We may use Non-Personal Data for various business purposes such as providing customer service, fraud Our Events, market research, and improving our Site. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
6. CONSENT TO USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will process your Personal Data, including sharing it with third parties, where (1) the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, (2) we are required by law, (3) processing is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person, or (4) processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate commercial interests, except where such interests are overridden by your rights and interests. You may opt-out at any time by notifying us in writing on our Contact Us form.
For our European Union users, note that in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Article 6, processing of a European Union user’s Personal Data may only be done after first receiving the explicit consent of the user or subject to certain other exceptions. European Rights are discussed further in a later section.
7. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use Personal Data that you provide directly to us for the following purposes:
• To carry out our obligations arising from your Our Events registration, or any other contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and Our Events registration services that you request from us;
• To organize Our Events that you have purchased or registered for, and to provide you with information, and other materials, relating to the content of Our Events, the speakers, sponsors and other attendees;
• To send our newsletter and other publications and information about other Our Events, products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, provided you have given your consent to receive such information;
• To respond to your questions and inquiries
• To ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively for you and your computer.
• To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your computer; as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure; and
• To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
8. WE USE INFORMATION FOR MARKETING PURPOSES
We may use personal information like Contact Information, Demographic Information, Location Information, Internet and Network Activity Information, Purchase and Preference Information, and Inferences to tailor content, advertisements, and offers we serve you. This information helps us keep our Platforms fresh and interesting to our visitors and allows us to tailor content to a visitor’s interests (such as allowing us to select which ads or offers are most likely to appeal to you, based on your interests, preferences, location, or demographic information).
9. WE USE INFORMATION TO COMPLY WITH OUR OBLIGATIONS, ADMINISTER OUR PLATFORMS, AND FOR INTERNAL OPERATIONS
We may use all categories of personal information to, among other things, administer the Platforms, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track users’ web page movements, help identify you, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We, or our vendors, may place cookies or similar files on your device for analytics and security purposes, and to facilitate site navigation. A pixel tag may tell your browser to get content from another server. We may also use personal information to comply with our license obligations.
10. WE USE INFORMATION FOR SECURITY PURPOSES
For example, we may use all categories of personal information to protect our company, our customers, and our business partners. We also may use personal information to protect our Platforms or our services, as well as to detect and investigate activities that may be illegal or prohibited (such as cyberattacks or fraudulent transactions).
11. WE USE INFORMATION FOR HIRING PURPOSES
For example, we use Contact Information and Employment-Related Information to review your job applications and contact you about employment opportunities. We may use certain Employment-Related Information for other statistical or analytical purposes in accordance with applicable law.
12. WE USE INFORMATION TO VERIFY REQUESTS MADE PURSUANT TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We will use certain pieces of personal information to verify your identity if you make requests pursuant to this Privacy Notice. The verification steps and the pieces of personal information that we request may vary depending on the sensitivity and nature of your request. We may use information as otherwise disclosed or permitted by law, or as we may notify you.
13. WHEN WE SHARE AND WHO CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
• A member of our group;
• Partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, for the performance of obligations arising from Our Events registration, or any other contract we enter into with them or you or to provide you with the information, products and Our Events registration services that you request from us;
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site;
• Trusted third-party companies and individuals to help us provide, analyze, and improve the Site and Our Events registration services (including but not limited to data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and payment processing);
• In Our Events that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and
• If PERFECT IMAGE, LLC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will only transfer your Personal Data to trusted third-parties who provide sufficient guarantees in respect of the technical and organizational security measures governing the processing to be carried out and who can demonstrate a commitment to compliance with those measures.
14. SELLING OR RENTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You grant Perfect Image, LLC, Aesthetic Exclusive and all its affiliates, a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, fully-paid, transferable sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly perform and display your User Content and any name, username or likeness provided in connection with your User Content in all media formats and channels now known or later developed, without compensation to you. When you post or otherwise share User Content on or through our Services, Websites, Social Media Platforms, You Tube, Virtual and In-Person Events, Promotional Materials, all Media Formats and the likes, you understand that your User Content and any associated information may be visible to the public. We reserve the right to sell or rent your Personal Data to third parties. You may opt-out at any time by notifying us in writing on our Contact Us form.
We take information security seriously and use certain reasonable security measures to help protect your personal information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Platforms and provide us with your information at your own risk.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
16. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (“EEA”) AND INTERNATIONAL USERS
We are headquartered in the United States. Your Personal Data may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates, partners, merchants, or service providers who are located worldwide. If you are visiting our Site from outside the United States, be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located, and our central database is operated. By using our Service, you consent to any transfer of this information.
17. HOW LONG WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will store your Personal Data, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Data is processed. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with our Site.
We may retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically reasonably feasible to remove it. We maintain one or more databases to store your Personal Data and may keep such information indefinitely.
Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your Personal Data quickly upon request.
In accordance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Site and Services are not directed to children under 16. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information from anyone under 16 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her personal information without the parent/guardian’s consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 16, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
Of course, any such data which can serve to identify a specific person or their location is Personal Data, and subject to the requirements for explicit consent under the GDPR. However, data which is not traceable back to specific persons is Non-Personal Data and not subject to such restriction.
20. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
Our Sites may contain links to third party websites, applications and services not operated by us. These links are provided as a service and do not imply any endorsement by us of the activities or content of these sites, applications or services nor any association with their operators. Company is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third-party including websites or services directly linked to our Service. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party site that you link from our Service.
21. CORRECTION AND REMOVAL
If any of the information that we have about you is incorrect, or you wish to have information (including Personal Data) removed from our records, you may do so by notifying us in writing on our Contact Us form.
Additionally, if you prefer not to receive marketing messages from us, please let us know by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing message that you receive or by notifying us in writing on our Contact Us form.
23. YOUR EUROPEAN RIGHTS
This applies to European residents only.
23.1 Control Over Your Data. Under European data protection law, in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
a. Request access to any Personal Data we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the Personal Data, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the Personal Data has been shared, where possible, the period for which the Personal Data will be stored, the source of the Personal Data, and the existence of any automated decision making.
b. Obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate Personal Data we hold about you.
c. Request that Personal Data held about you is deleted.
d. Prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Data.
e. Request transfer of Personal Data directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
You can exercise any of these rights by notifying us in writing on our Contact Us form.
23.2 Exceptions to Consent under the GDPR. In accordance with the GDPR, Article 6, processing of a European Union user’s Personal Data may not be conducted without first receiving the explicit consent of the user. The following potential exceptions exist if processing is necessary:
• To comply with applicable legal regulations which Services are subject to;
• To fulfill a task in the public interest or by virtue of some official authority vested in PERFECT IMAGE, LLC;
• To fulfill legitimate purpose pursued by PERFECT IMAGE, LLC or third-party, unless that legitimate purpose is overridden by the interests or rights of the user (or owner of Personal Data) requiring the protection of that data.
23.3 Right to Opt-Out of Marketing Use. You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your Personal Data) if we intend to use your Personal Data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to halt such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Data. You can also exercise your rights by notifying us in writing on our Contact Us form.
24. YOUR CALIFORNIA RIGHTS
This applies to residents of California only.
24.2 The “Do Not Track” Law. California law requires that operators of websites disclose how they respond to a “Do Not Track” signal. Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features, wherein the browser will send a signal to the website or online service indicating that the user does not wish to be tracked. However, since there is no common understanding of how to interpret “Do Not Track“ signals as of yet, we do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals. We will continue to follow developments seeking a common industry understanding of how to treat “Do Not Track” signals.
24.3 Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of your Personal Data with third parties. If you reside in California and have provided your Personal Data to PERFECT IMAGE, LLC, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of Personal data to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted in writing on our Contact Us form.
Copyright © 2021 Perfect Image, LLC
Last Updated: July 30, 2021